Monday 22 October 2012

Birthdays, Berlin and Charile Chaplin :)

Samstag 6 Oktober - Ditschi 18. Geburtstag!
Finally finally one of my best German friends is 18!!! So we went out to celebrate! It was a really nice night, we first started at Bar fuss, my favourite bar, and we had a few happy hour drinks :) then after headed to the biggest club in Rostock, LT club.. not my favourite but it was still really fun! Everyone danced and talked, very pleasant!

Freitag 12. Oktober - Schule Lauf!
So my school is kind of a "goody two shoes" and organized a school run to raise money for the less fortunate children in our area, which is really nice! I had my Rotary Club Warnemünde as a sponsor and ran 7km with Jule by my side :) it was actually quite easy and nice to run next to Jule and get to know her more.

Samstag-Sonntag 13-14 Oktober - Berlin :)

Both Leon and Friedeman (host brothers)  had a rebound exchange student orientation in Berlin, and to make the train ticket down cheaper they asked me if i'd join them. So spontaneously I went to Berlin! After a very long train ride down to Berlin due to track work, we all made it to Berlin by mid morning and then I met up with an Aussie friend, Ryan, and his host family. We walked around the suburbs of eastern Berlin and found a very cute/old cafe where we enjoyed tea, coffee and cake! Later in the afternoon I met with two of my favourite newbie exchangers, Riley and Cammy, we caught up with the latest goss. After everything was said more exchangers met up with us and we headed to the Brandenburg Gate for a light festival and some drinks. Funnily enough when we got there, a riot was happening!! Only in Berlin would this happen.. I have never seen so many hippies in my life! Don't stress, it was peaceful and about helping refugees. After the excitement left we all headed to a bar and just chilled.. the night was long and after a few more bars was extremely funny! By the time morning came, Cammy and I were finally at her house and talking to her very good looking/indie/artist host brother, and after practically died of tiredness so Cammy and I went to bed. Sunday morning we woke up quickly got ready, then headed back into the city to meet Riley before I left. I was a short  and sweet goodbye to my favourite newbies, and after another annoying train ride my host brothers and i finally made it back to Rostock. Very exciting spontaneous trip to Berlin :)

Dienstag 16. Oktober - Charlie Chaplin Concert.
There is a real bonus with host parents that are musicians! My host mum played at a Charlie Chaplin movie night, where one of Charlie's old black and white films (the gold rush) was played and the orcestra made a soundtrack over the top, it was brilliant!! Charlie Chaplin is seriously hilarious and can be viewed and enjoyed by anyone :) my little host brother, Gabi, loved it and now wants to be a slap stick actor haha :) so cute!








No comments:

Post a Comment