Wednesday 20 June 2012

'SCHLAND!!

From the last time I posted so much has hit me.. the fact that Katie is leaving in less than a week and Roy in almost under a month.. the fact that i'm 5 months into my exchange and my german is still pretty bad... the fact that i have 7 months left and have no idea where I am going to live, who I am going to be friends with and what crazy stuff is going to happen those months...

Dienstag 4 Juni - Beautiful Aussie Dinner.
I made my host family Mum's lovely zucchini slice for dinner and presented them with Australian red wine - it was a sort of bribe so they love me. It turned out great! Here's a picture for you Mum, thanks heaps :) and I miss your cooking tons, mine just wasn't the same!



Samstag 9 Juni - First Deutschland UEFA game!!
For this special occasion Roy and myself headed to Ribnitz, where Katie lives, and celebrated with Katie :) We ended up going to a public viewing at a car yard, pretty fun and a little german atmosphere which was nice - Germany ended up winning 1-0 after not playing the best but still GO 'SCHLAND!! After the exciting game we all walked to the only disco in Ribnitz and celebrated further. I had a moment with Roy and Katie, and I realized how much I am going to miss them and I am so thankful to have met them, it was horribly beautiful. After many shots and lots of dancing we all headed back to Katie's. In the morning I was very lively or maybe still under the influence, but either way I was happy with my friends, playing mario cart and laughing/crying about what had happened = rainbow. These are the moments I am never going to forget!

After the amazing weekend with Katie and Roy I didn't really seem to function.. On Monday I had soccer training so as normal I went home from school packed my bag and had some spare time to do whatever, I decided to have a little read and then ended up sleeping through soccer training!! Over the weekend I had contacted some girls scouts I saw at the train station and was meant to meet with them at scouts on Tuesday night, but I got on the wrong tram and went the complete other direction, then when I realized this I was so far away that I would have been embarrassingly late. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?! 



Donnerstag 14 Juni - Theatre Night.
Finally something I could actually do! Our drama class had their annual performance night so Roy and I performed an English piece from "Blasted" by Sarah Kane. I played a crazy, mental girl who is very unstable and Roy played a drunken asshole who used her used her for sex.. very suitable, but it was fun. We were nervous that not everyone would understand us, so we tried to speak clear/ slowly and acted very dramatically/big - people loved it so I think we did well! 



Freitag 15th Juni - Abi ball after-party.
My soon to be host sister, Caro, finished school and her HSC (which is called abi in Germany) so she had a formal/after party. Roy, Katie and I were invited to the after party to celebrate with her. We had pre drinks at Katie's friends house and go ready together, Katie and I were being extremely girly, it was quite amusing. Once we got to the after party around we danced the night away, talked and just had a blast. I am going to miss these moments with Katie and Roy, it is just so easy to be around them. So overall it was really nice to dress up nicely and look fabulous, quite a pleasant night.












No comments:

Post a Comment