Sunday 22 January 2012

Why hello Germany

I AM ALIVE.
24 hours, 3 plane trips and a bazillion kilometres later I made it to Berlin, Germany. I probably wouldn't have made it without my Aussie exchange friends Ellen, Charlie, Will and Alana, who entertained me, were my pillow and ushered me in the right direction. 






With only 4 hours sleep in me I made my way through the doors of Berlin airport with my trusty sidekick, Will, to find a crowd of Germans with bright and enthusiastic faces. Amoungst them were my host parents Peter and Karin who greeted me with "Guten Morgen" and a friendly hug. I was beyond nervous about my lack of German but Peter and Karin were quick to sense it and spoke in English. The two hour drive to Roggentin, my village, went so quick and there were hardly any awkward moments, which was surprising. 



At around 11.30am we pulled into the driveway of a cute and very German three storey house, in which I am going to live for at least 3 months.Once inside I was greeted by Susi, my host sister, and Emma, my new dog - who I got along with immediately. 
The day has flown with conversation, mostly in English, and tea - I think I could get used to this place. My room is spacious and I have my own balcony, which looks onto a mini forest - amazing.
Jetlag hasn't kicked in, though I look like a zombie, so I'm off to my German bed at 5pm - biggest party animal. 


I'll be back with more info of my school and village in the next few days :)
"Auf Wiedersehen"

No comments:

Post a Comment