Sunday 12 February 2012

Sledding!

My 3 weeks of German lessons are up on Monday.. yet it feels like I still know hardly any German. I can kind of understand some words that are said in conversation now, by picking up a few key words, then I just guess what they are talking about and hopefully get it right.. but talking back is difficult. I speak with a few German words and a few English words - very confusing for the poor Germans! But i'll get there soon.

This past week I have literally just worked on my German and gone to German lessons. My week days consisted of getting the train to German, having German class then catching the train home - very boring and kind of lonely. Also since its been really cold (shown in the picture below, frost on my window) it has limited what I can do.. I was meant to join a soccer team on Monday however the heating unit in the sports hall had broken due the -22 temperature so training was called off. 
But on the other hand I went sledding!! There is a little mountain in Roggentin, about 50m, and I sledded down it :) Pretty fun, however very painful as the snow isn't powder its as hard as ice! 







No comments:

Post a Comment