Tuesday 20 March 2012

Free periods and St Patrick's day

Most of the week was pretty normal, just school and soccer however the weekend was awesome :)

Freitag 16th Mar - Maths turned into a mix of table tennis (tischtennis), sun baking and turning Roy into a girl. It was really nice to just be able to hang with people at school and see them out of a the classroom mentality, I actually found that some people have a really good sense of humour and more people understand my sarcasm which is amazing!
At night I had the best conversation with my host parents and IN GERMAN!! So i did stumble a bit but they helped me and I ended up having a full conversation speaking in German :)


Samstag 17th Mar - ST PATRICK'S TAG! The night began when I met a group of school people, Ditschi, Sophie and Pauline, at the tram station and we walked along the narrow European cobblestone streets to "Bar Fuss" -  the coolest bar I have ever been too. It was so hip and modern, couches were everywhere, people chilled and took off their shoes, the background music was really awesome and the drinks were relatively cheap and tasty! Also they played "Downunder" by Men at Work, I was so surprised and excited that I sang along to every word being a proud Australian. Though the club sold weird as snacks, for example dried worms.. like actual worms that wriggle in the dirt! Three of my school friends tried them, so gross haha though next time I go there I will try one, they said it wasn't bad at all. After the under 18's left the bar and Roy finally turned up, the relaxing started as we lounged around drinking long island iceteas - the life. Lori, a guy from school, and one of Laurent's friends, Veit, were sitting outside so we ended up spending the night with them and they ended up taking us to a club LT and shouting Roy and myself drinks, yay! Once on the dance floor we lost Laurent and Veit but it was still heaps of fun dancing with Roy and singing along to the music. The only down part of the night was when my clumsy self fell over and cut my leg on glass... my leg now had a 15 cm cut and bluey/green bruising all over my leg - well worth it though, it was a great night.



Roy's fun fact:
- Did you know that 2 out of 5 baby sloths die from hanging on their own arms and falling? As they think that their arm is another branch to climb... 
Hahaha oh Roy! He is how I survive class from dying of boredom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment