Sunday 13 May 2012

Changing host families!

I thought the week after Euro tour would be extremely depressing.. but it was surprisingly one of the best weeks :)


Freitag 4th Mai
After the most amazing 3 weeks of travelling... I went to school and surprised everyone as they thought i'd be back a week later. It was a normal day until I found out from Roy, not from my host parents, that I would be changing host families, to the Zeug's, on the weekend.
In the afternoon I went to a Rotary "grill" (bbq) and spoke German the whole night with Rotarians and their family members, it was great! I had a really long conversation with Anne Sandmann (the nicest women ever) and literally the first things she said to me was "when are you coming to live with me?" - I was so happy and excited when she said that, I'd love to live with the Sandmann's! I got caught up with the excitement I almost forgot I had soccer training.. so after an intense training I went back to the grill and talked more but this time in English with a Rotarian's daughter as she wanted to practice her English - It was really cute. There was a little confusion between my old and new host families about when I was moving but then it was all cleared up and the special day was Sunday.

Sonntag 6th Mai
Today I played my first soccer game!! It was a six a side game at the oppositions home ground and it was pretty horrible. I only played about half the game and my skills were really bad/I just couldn't keep up. My team ended up losing 1-0. Though I was really happy to play as I finally felt like part of the team. Mid afternoon the family came over and we had a little cute lunch so I could say goodbye to the Magdanz family, it pretty nice but at the same time I was extremely excited to move families for a new experience. Late afternoon my bags were packed, about 4 bags might I add, and I was ready to start a new section of my exchange with the Zeug family. As soon as I stepped into the door Luca, my host brother, greeted me with a big hug as did Enno, my host dad, that made me feel so relaxed  and happy, it was so nice. From that point I knew I was going to love it here.

During the week I had the normal routine of school and soccer, plus now bike riding since I live a little way from the train station. On Wednesday I started helping my English teacher with her year 10 class, it went pretty well and I felt useful as I taught them all a new word "thus" :)


Freitag 11th Mai 
At school sport I nearly died as we swam over 2kms.. but I needed to live as Annika, a school friend, was having a grill party or better known as a gathering, which I was really excited for. Over the night we shared punch, Caramello koala's and pretty much had a massive feast. It was a small group only about 8, mostly school people minus Johann and a guy from Hamburg. It was extremely chill and relaxed I really enjoyed the night even though I felt a little sick. I was meant to sleepover but since I was a little silly and didn't think about how to get home or how to get to soccer in the morning, Johann kindly gave me a lift home. Overall fun night :)


Samstag 12th Mai
Today I had my second soccer game which was also a small seven a side game. In the first 20 minutes the score was 1-0 the other teams way, and I hadn't stepped on the field yet.. very frustrating. But for the last 10 minutes of the first half I was put on the field as a forward, to my surprise I scored a goal making it 1-1 at half time. After half time I stayed on a got 2 more goals, such a shock, and by the end of the game it was 5-1 our way, amazing! After the game as my team were chanting "go andy, go andy, go andy", extremely embarrassing, and some team mates were talking about how I always have to make a hattirck - pressure much. The game made me feel really happy and very tired but my day wasn't over yet.. at night I went with my host family to a benefit concert in which my host mum helped organize. At the concert I met up with Francy, a girl from school, and her friend Anna, a born American who lives in Germany, they kept me entertained. The concert consisted of classical music and almost made me fall asleep but still the musicians were very talented and it was a nice night.

Bis Bald!




No comments:

Post a Comment