Tuesday 29 May 2012

School Italy trip

Dienstag 15 Mai - Today I did a presentation for my English class about UK and Australian stereotypes. The presentation involved warm scones with jam and cream, a powerpoint, hand out and a funny little speech that went with it - my class couldn't wait for my presentation as my scones were stinking out the room, but in a good way. Thank goodness mum taught me well and I pulled off my first batch of scones :) everyone loved them and they also loved when I intimidated the "Aussie bogan" voice. Sadly I forgot to take photos, but it was a success. 


Samstag 19 Mai - Fussball! After my hattrick last weekend everyone had high expectations of me.. and unfortunately the pressure got to me and I didn't play fantastically. Though Enno (host dad) and Luca (host brother) came to the game and supported me which was quite adorable of them. The end result was 3-3 draw - not so bad.
After the game I got a call from Roy telling me that I had to go to Ribnitz Damgarten (the town Katie lives in) tonight and sleepover because Caro (Katie's host sister) and Johannes have invited us over for a bbq and to watch the Chelsea vs Bayern UEFA Champions League Grandfinal game. So by 7pm I was in Ribnitz and met up with Roy, Johannes and Caro. We had a really nice dinner with soooooooooo much food! Johannes dad was lovely and seemed like a typical German father. After dinner we all rushed to the TV to watch the game.. it ended up being 1-1 draw then in extra time no goals so it went to penalty shooting and Chelsea won 4-3. I could help but giggle a little bit when looking at all the disappointed German faces in the room. After the game we had a little walk around Ribnitz, but it was cut short as I felt extremely sick. In the morning Roy and I rushed back to Rostock as his family had a concert to attend, and I needed to pack my bag for our school Italy trip in the afternoon.



Sonntag 20 Mai - ITALY - At 7pm ecolea Internationale Schule headed off for a week trip to Italy = Venice, Verona and Lazise. The bus trip was pretty much hell... 12 or so hours in a bus over night sitting next to Roy with his boney shoulder (rookie error by me) though once we had a break stop I literally begged Laury if I could sit next to him, so after that sleep came easily. 


Montag 21 Mai - ITALY - By about 10am we got to our campsite, it was the worst possible weather; cold, heavily raining and no blue sky - such a let down. Everyone was so disappointed with the weather and to top it off we didn't get breakfast, so Distchi, Sohpie, Roy and myself walked around the "small" town to find a supermarket. After about an 1 hour of walking in the rain and following stupid Italian street signs we still hadn't found a shop (also since they have siestas in the middle of the day so shops are closed).. we ended up being late back to camp and then walked back into town with all the others, still pouring rain. By about 2pm we found a supermarket and bought the essentials to make dinners for the next few days. Once back to our bungalow I fell asleep and Ditschi/Sophie kindly dried my clothes with a hair dryer haha, so adorable! We made spaghetti for dinner, watched a German movie and played cards then went to bed as no one had a good sleep on the bus.


Dienstag 22 Mai - VENICE - The weather was a bit better when we woke up, bright and sunning, warm but still raining! This helped everyone's esteem for the long day ahead as it wasn't extremely cold. After a long bus ride and an awesome boat ride we were in Venice. Once on land we meet up with our German tour guide and she took us around Venice, since Roy and I had pretty much seen it all we were reminiscing on Euro tour the whole morning being like "remember when.." instead of listening. After the tour we got to biggest slice of pizza I have ever eaten for about 2 euros, so oily yet so amazing. The group naturally spilt up after that and I ended up going shopping with Distchi and Sophie, it was a cute afternoon. By 4pm we'd seen everything and we were ready to go, Venice really isn't that exciting, yes it is beautiful but there isn't much to do. Once back on the boat and heading back to our hotel we were organizing the night. When in our adorable bungalow we made dinner, this time it was pumpkin soup and then we were going to play a game with the teachers, but Roy, Annika and myself ended up discussing the meaning of life and just chilling in a room. Later that night we stayed up until 1am as it was Janine's birthday and then went straight to bed. 







Mittwoch 23 Mai - VERONA - The rain had stopped and the weather was beautiful! For breakfast we sat in the sun and were soaking up the warm like lizards, amazing... i've missed the sun so much!! At about 11am we were in Romeo and Juliet's town waiting for our tour guide for about half an hour, though it was ok as the sun was lovely.


 Finally our tour guide came and he was so Italian, wearing leather head to toe, literally. We walked around Verona to the Colosseum (where Roy and myself played gladiators), Juliet's balcony and statue, and some Italian markets - so pretty! 

In free time we just had a look around and it was simply beautiful, not full of too many tourist and actually showed some of the real Italy. In the afternoon when back at the campsite we all went swimming in the sea, even though it was absolutely freezing, I really enjoyed it with everyone laughing and sun baking together. 



At night Ditschi made us spaghetti and we had a cute dinner all together, then shared a bottle of wine with the teachers for Janine's birthday - very nice. Later in the night we went down to the sea, walked around, talked and drank together - pleasant night. 




Donnerstag 24 Mai - LAZISE - Today after a late breakfast we walked to a little Italian wharf  and go a boat to the ancient town of Lazise. The sun was so amazing that we were all sun baking in the front of the boat and just enjoying life in Italy :) The view of the ancient city from the boat was truly spectacular with its castles and extremely old streets looking out from the crystal clear blue water. One in this old paradise we all treated ourselves to some amazing Italian ice cream, i got peach and watermelon, simply amazing!! 




A small group involving; Annika, Francy, Roy, Daria, Karo and myself, roamed around the town - our walk involved the sightseeing of the castle, shopping and eating pizza. I bought the coolest summer hat and earings, so happy! After our little day out we got back onto to boat and headed back to our campsite. By 5pm we were on the bus heading back to Germany :( since the weather was great and everyone was getting along really well we wanted to stay longer but that was never going to happen. I made another terrible mistake and sat next to Roy - worst sleep of my life and worst bus ride ever. 


This was one of the most amazing trips as I saw more of Italy and became closer with the most adorable people at my school :)



No comments:

Post a Comment