Friday 31 August 2012

Cori comes to visit! Bergfest and Beach!

Freitag 17 August - Cori is in Rostock!
So I left school early to go pick Cori up from Rostock's main station, I was so excited its unbelievable.. I couldn't wait for her to experience part of my exchange and meet my friends/family here - not many people will get that opportunity so this was really nice! (Cori was an exchange student at my school in Aus). Once i saw her, and hugged her, we didn't stop talking.. German and English combined, so funny - sometimes we didn't even realize which language we were speaking in haha. I took her into Rostock city and showed her around, we went and had lunch in my favourite restaurant - very cute! After she came home and met my host family, they seemed to get along really well, and then we got ready to go to a school dance (Bergfest). Once finished we went to Laury's and hung out before going to the dance, very casual and chill. At 'Bergfest' we talked with all my school friends, watched the teacher perform in little bad (so funny) and then danced the night away! Around 11pm the dance was over so a small group of us wandered to the beach, then to a beach bar - it was a good night!


Samstag 18 August - Finally summer weather!

This was seriously the first weekend it was actually hot! 30 degrees! I was actually desperate to go swimming, odd for Germany, but Cori and I took advantage of the weather and spent the day on the beach with the boys. Warnemunde beach was wonderful and the water, even though it was cold, was really pleasant and refreshing. For lunch Cori had the famous Warnemunde 'fischbrotchen' (fish bread) and we soaked up more sun/admired the Baltic Sea. Once at home we rested, good ready for the night and organised to have dinner with my host parents. Later we met up again at Laury's and chilled, then headed to the beach where  a lot of my school friends we hanging. After about 2 hours Cori and I wanted to dance, so we all headed to LT club. An interesting taxi ride later we were back at home and discussing the nights events. I loved having Cori with me, it was so nice and comforting to have another girl with me, especially one who knew me before Germany.


Sonntag 19 August - Hottest day ever in Germany.A whooping 35 degrees on the Baltic Sea and everyone was dying. Naturally we went to the beach, and so did all the population of Rostock and Warnemunde. The beach was sooooo packed!! I've never seen anything like it before, it was unbelievable! But nonetheless it was lovely with Cori and my school friends.. we played volleyball in the water and swam around - brilliant summer day. By 5pm Cori had to leave, so we packed up our stuff and headed to the train station. It was such a short visit, but lots of fun and it was great to see Cori again. We are planning another meeting later on, maybe in her home down or in Amsterdam hehe. 


The following week was just boring at school, though I organised to go to a one day festival with Jule - so thats exciting. Its called Holi Open Air Festival Rostock and it involves throwing  this weird coloured powder around, like a paint party, and dancing to music, so it'll be different and fun. 

Samstag 25 August - Conrad's birthday night out.
Conrad, the new guy, turned 18 so we had a little celebration starting off at barfuss and then ending at LT club once again. It was really chill and nice to be with a small group and talk over a few drinks. We met some interesting people that night as well, a group of sailors were in town, and their English was excellent so we talked and danced with them, very nice guys with great stories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment