Monday 6 August 2012

So much family bonding.. last week of holidays

Literally everyday since Leon has been home we've been chilling and hanging around just like siblings do. Its actually quite cute because we (Luca, Leon and myself) all lay on Luca's bed playing guitars and singing together, or watching movies, or playing lame computer games; it feels a little like family... finally.

Montag 30 Juli - Meeting the new Rostock exchange student.
So for a while i've known that there were going to be new exchange students in Rostock so obviously I was curious when Ryan from Florida, USA, came over to meet me and the family. At the beginning he seemed really shy, but then he warmed up and I couldn't really stop him from talking. He is 16 and into ice hockey, and seems like a real American boy.. so i'm interested how his year is going to plan out. He doesn't know any German, exactly like me when I came here, so I was very sympathetic to him; I spoke English and a very little bit of German with him to try and teach him small things. All the kiddies ended up in Warnemunde as Leon and Ryan needed buy some German stuff like sim cards... we rode our bikes in and then showed Ryan around a little bit, very cute. When home I cooked dinner, Peanut chicken, with Ryan and Leon's help; it turned out very successful - i've really got a hang of cooking now, pretty sweet. After dinner Ryan went home the night became really nerdy as Luca, Leon and I played games until early in the morning - what has my life become?! Brothers are bad influences haha

Dienstag 31 Juli - Cati and more fun.
After more cooking, which the boys insisted I make; Banana cake, I went to Cati's to hang out. Cati will be in my school this year, and she recently got back from an exchange in USA - she's awesome. We just chilled, got ready to go out and then had dinner with her family. After that we headed to the beach and met up with Karl, a guy from our school. All three of us later got to train to go to Fun; the really seedy club which is in a way like Oatley pub - so a local hang out place. Once inside I met all my local friends, and some old friends which I haven't seen for ages... one of them was Johann - we talked for ages and danced etc, it was really nice. I was a little upset as it was my first time in Fun without Roy so he comforted me, very sweet. After being danced out Leon called me and we walked home, only 20 mins, in that time we both talked about the nights events and decided never to go in Fun again (probably a lie but whatever)... that night it was extremely full and crowded, not ideal but i found it nice with all the locals. 

Mittwoch 1 August - Johann's grill
After Fun Johann texted me inviting me to his house for grill with all the local guys, naturally I said yes; it would be nice. Before going I rode my bike to Sophie's house and caught up a little bit, then Johann picked up us. His house was really really nice, its in the countryside near Bad Doberan (half an hour from Rostock) and his house has lots of green fields surrounding it, so pretty. In his backyard he has chickens, lots of trees and its just a chilled nature atmosphere. I loved it. It turned out to be a small group at his; Miri, Sophie, Johann, Ditschi and Stefan - which was really nice. Johann just got back from Vietnam so we looked at his photos and talked about travelling. Another chilled night; perfect!

Freitag 3 August - Family squash.
After being lame and play computers games together until really early in the morning, Luca, Leon and I headed into town to buy some supplies for school/ just get out of the house. By the time we got home we'd organised something with the Kirstoff's (3rd host family) in the night so we didn't just end up being nerds again. Caro (next host sister) and Inken had a choir night and insisted we watched; it was lovely and extremely well done, even though i couldn't really understand what they were singing since it was in old German language. By about 9pm it finished and we were all starving, so Leon, Friedi and myself rushed home and cooked up the world's best lasagna with tons of cheese and beer mince - it was amazing!!! Ryan, Luca, Caro and Inken made it just in time so we all ate together, very family orientated and extremely cute. The night involved just sharing exchange stories, playing cards, and admiring our cooking skills.




Samstag 4 August - Sleepover and wild weather.
We were having such a good time together that we lost track of time and it was completely dark, making bike riding home with no lights very difficult.. so we ended up just sleeping over at the Kirstoff's. By about midday we finally headed home and luckily just as we stepped into the house it started bucketing down! It was so intense, it came out of nowhere.. it was so warm and sunny, it didn't make sense - but we took advantage of this weird weather and got out swimmers on and jumped on the trampoline. It reminded me of my childhood with friends and siblings on the trampoline - it was a beautiful bonding experience haha. We even got a visit from a little frog making it feel a little bit like an Australian down pour :)

No comments:

Post a Comment