Friday 3 August 2012

Zelten! (Camping!)

So now both my oldies/best exchange friends have left Germany and I didn't think I could be possible this sad.. but in retrospect I've had the best time with them and I'm trying not to be sad that its over but happy because I met them and experience so much with them. From now on I'm focusing on further improving my German, experiencing more of the German culture and becoming better friends with the Germans = becoming German. 

26-28 Juli - Boek camping.
CAMPING WAS SIMPLY AWESOME.
I met new people from Berlin, spent more time with the Ribnitz people like Caro and Maxi, finally soaked up some sun and just enjoyed the holidays. When my first camping experience started it seemed like a normal road trip; driving fast on the autobahn, macca's stop, singalongs and finally ended up at camp with too much energy... but i was wrong it was even better! Like always when camping someone had a guitar and was playing chill emotional music; that pushed me over the edge a little bit as Roy just left and I was extremely emotionally unstable but it showed me how much the Germans care because they stopped and supported me <3
In the morning it was just like Aussie camping; waking up in a boiling hot tent and running to find water. The days were full of perfect weather so we swam, played beach soccer, volleyball and badminton, laid in the sun and just relaxed. At night we had a bbq and winded down; brilliant. The next day was roughly the same heaps chilled, really good quality time with the Ribnitz guys.



Samstag 28 Juli - Friedi's welcome party.
Once I got home from camping around 5pm my family were on the road again and about an hour later I was at the Kirstoff's house, my third host family, for my soon to be host brother's welcome home party. Friedi was in Ohio, USA for one year with Rotary. I'd heard so much about him so it was really nice to actually meet him in person, he's a very nice guy and i think we'll be good friends/siblings. It was another relaxed night with a German bbq, some German beer and German family. Leon, Friedi and I were consoling in each other about exchange; It was pleasant to hear their stories about the US and Mexico, and how exchange really does impact lives. Since losing Katie and Roy, I've been a bit lost but now that Friedi and Leon are here I have gained two more exchange student friends/brothers which is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment