Monday 2 July 2012

Katie leaves :(

This was probably one of the most depressing weeks in my exchange so far. It has showed me how close I have gotten with Katie and to Germany. In a way that is really good as I know i've been having great experiences as I am so emotional but also its sad that things are coming to an end.

Dienstag 26/27 Juni - Katie's surprise going away party/Berlin.

Katie had the shock of her life when she walked into her backyard and found all her school friends there, but an even bigger shock when Roy and I jumped out of her bed. Roy and I sang her a personally made mean girls song, showering her with hugs and also shots haha. We played Katie's favourite music, had a bbq and just had a nice time with her, it was lovely. In the morning we shared a German breakfast together, Katie's last, sooooooo sad. I gave her some aussie items for her to remember me by, a silly hat and tshirt, also I made her a page of photos and a letter.


 When it finally came to saying goodbye Katie and I were crying like babies, trying to say meaningful words to each other but not hearing anything.. it was silly on my part as I knew I was going to see her again as Roy and I were going to Berlin airport the next day to see her off (a surprise for Katie) but still I love her so it was all worth it. After Caro and Roy had to tear us apart, Roy and I headed back to Rostock/home, but once at Rostock main station we saw a really cheap train to Berlin (19 euros for 2 people - instead of 30 for one person) so we jumped at the opportunity and after calling our host parents we were on our way to Berlin. By 6pm we were in Berlin meeting up with all the exchange students and just chilling. A nice indian dinner later we were in tiergarten playing beer ball and just having fun all together again. By 2am we (all exchange students) were starting to freak out that we wouldn't make the bus to Berlin airport to say goodbye to Katie and also Robin, an american girl, so we frantically go to the Berlin main station and searched for buses. Luckily we made it to the airport by 4am (Katie's plan was at 6am) so we had plenty of time for another goodbye. It is so sad to know that Katie isn't in Germany anymore, I don't have a girl here who completely knows me and understand me now.. but I know this is not a goodbye, its see you soon as we will definitely meet again in the future!! We are after all Sagi sisters and I love her so much.


Donnerstag 28 Juni - UEFA Semi finals (GEHEN 'SCHLAND!!)
The day started out pleasantly with a sleep in and some beach frisbee/ volleyball with Luca, Naima (Luca's girlfriend) and Nick (Luca's friend). Then Nick and I headed off to the Kirstoff's (my third host family) to watch the Germany vs Italy semi final in the UEFA Championships on their projector screen. We had a nice bbq and chatted for a bit then the action started. Everyones faces were painted in German colours and there was such a German atmosphere. I bet that it would be 2-1 Germany's way. But sadly it was 2-1 Italy's way, everyone was devasted, even Roy and I were in shock when Germany lost. The German team was meant to win!??!! It hit Roy and I so hard, so weird, I've never been that patriotic with an Australian sporting game before. Even though they lost I still love Germany tons and their soccer team too! The grand final was between Italy and Spain = Spain won 4-0 so happy it wasn't Italy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment