Monday 16 July 2012

More Fun and Bremen

10th Juli - FUNNNNNNN
The day started off a bit sadly as Roy and Johannes had a bit of a fight.. so at night Roy wanted to forget about it and just celebrate/say goodbye to local people, they were all going to FUN so we naturally ended up there. First we met the girls and got sassy on the dance floor, then we bumped into a family friend from the Zeug's, Max, so we hung out with him for a while. By the end of the night i'm pretty sure we sure half our year from school and all the local people Roy wanted to see. We also met some new people on the way home, because we are just very accepting people and talk to everyone, especially those who are alone - some very funny videos were made. 



There was one really sad moment in my week when I was plant shopping (weird but Germans love it) with host mum's best friend/my new German teacher - I saw a plant which looked identical to the Australian bottlebrush and I also found a eucalyptus plant.. looked and smelled like Australia :(


14th - 15th Juli - Bremen!
Both my host parents, Ulla and Enno, were born in the German city of Bremen (its about 3 hours drive west of Rostock) so naturally they wanted us to see it. My host grandma (Oma) still lives in Bremen so we stayed with her. After being stuck in traffic for 4 and a half hours we finally made it to the sunny Bremen. After a sit down lunch at Oma's we had two new visitors, Paula (my soon to be host sister - she's going to live in my Aussie family in Jan) and her Mum. We talked for hours about exchange, Australia, Oatley and interests, all spoken in German - very impressed I could do it and she understood or so i think. By late afternoon our schedules caught up with us so we sad goodbye/see you in January. My host family, Roy and myself all wandered around the beautiful city of Bremen, eating ice cream and just being amazed at how diverse the city is with lots of culture, art and history. After our local tour we headed to the annual Bremen summer festival, where we listened to hipster music, eat hipster food and just stared at all the hipster people. By 1am we'd all had enough so we ventured it back to Oma's, on the way home the hipster atmosphere never left.. such a cool place!

By morning we all looked like zombies but there was more of Bremen to see, so Enno, Luca, Roy and myself walked around the streets and then headed to Bremen's Art hall. It was so amazing! I'm not really a big art person but the mix of old, new, photography and paintings was awesome, I was never bored. After about 3 hours inside wasn't enough but we need to leave before Bremen before night as my host aunty was visiting us in Rostock for dinner.

Overall a really cool weekend with Roy and my host family - i feel a lot close with both now which is great but also sucks as Roy is leaving and I am moving host families soon.

More photos will be uploaded soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment